Carlton is slipping away - update 2/21

Dear Grace

I am so sorry for all that you are going through right now. I just recently had to make the same decsion for my mom. It was hard but the nurse at hospice just kept reminding me that I would only be bringing her back to more pain.

Just know that you both did everything you could for him and that he knows you love him and he loves you.

Prayers for you, Carlton and the girls.

Lisa

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace,

Praying for God's comfort for you and your girls at this time. I can't imagine what you are going through and I admire your strength and courage. I only hope that I can be strong like you when the time comes with my husband who has chosen the path less traveled. Sending prayers and hugs. Barbara Lea

Grace,

Just wanted to tell you that I was thinking of you and your beautiful family. So sorry ya'll are having to go through this.

God Bless!

Jamie

"Hope deferred makes the heart sink, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life". Proverbs 13:12

Again, from my heart, all the love and gratitude to everyone for all you have given to me...

Last night Carlton was "stable" - I use that term loosely because how can someone be dying stable? ...but he's so damn stubborn and tough, his dr. came in last night, (hadn't seen him in a couple of days), he just stood there in amazement, for all Carlton is going thru and how he is is nothing short of unbelievable.

The dr. told me, that the fever Carlton is having can not be controlled, it is due to the brain tumors, his hypothalmus is more likely destroyed, but the most they can do is tylenol and ice packs, I was told his temp. could actually go below normal.

But the dr. and his nurse were more concerned about me, since Carlton was "stable" for the moment they suggested I go home and get some rest, they would call me if anything changes.

I went home, and I'm glad I did, my sister called ( she had the girls for the night), but my youngest wasn't doing well, she wanted to come home, so off I went and got the both girls, my oldest when she got in the door, said she was so glad to be home.

I am glad home is comforting for them, I sometimes forget they're hurting as much as I am, and even more, so I'm here for them right now.

I did go see Carlton earlier today, he looks real bad, again, no response, high temp, all the mucus in his throat and now pneumonia, but God love him, because he's tough. I truly believe his soul is above us, it is just his body that will not give in..

my neighbor came over earlier, I told her everything, she lost her husband of 40 something yrs a few yrs back to lung cancer, -- she gets it too, but said Carlton was the nicest person you ever wanted to meet. She told me the story, when she asked him, why he left so very early in the morning to go to work ( 3am), he said for him to get home early to be with his girls :D -- that's my man....

I love you Carlton....

luv

Grace

How lucky are you to have such a kind and gentle man. They are few and far between nowadays. I feel so sad for you and your girls. I hate cancer. It is so cruel. I pray that God gives you the knowledge to deal with everything you have to handle in the coming days. I pray the Carlton will be at peace and that your girls will only have loving memories of their Dad.

Love, Bobby

It just occured to me that you keep saying how strong your husband is, and he is. But, I can't help but notice how strong you are during probably the hardest time in your life. Even though you may not think you are strong, I believe that you are, and I admire you for it.

Sending prayers to you and your family.

Warmly,

Amanda