Road Conditions

Kasey

I'd appreciate any info on road conditions in and around Pittsburgh. Fred and I have planned to attend Frank's memorial service tomorrow. We were going to leave early AM and return late PM. We figured it would take between 4 and 4-1/2 hours one way. Teddy has reservations at 'camp' starting this evening. The roads around here are definitely not good, and many of you have probably seen the 'nightmare' of all those folks trapped on the interstate (some up to 24 hours).

I am so committed to go, but am fearful the roads may even be worse where we are headed. So anyone from the western part of PA..............could you let us know if this is a doable trip. Thanks.

Kasey

Thanks for the PM's and good suggestions. We had already checked the internet and AAA. It seems that there are some questionable conditions the further west you go and we are a bit uneasy about trying it. For those not in the area......there was quite a problem with traffic being snarled for up to 24 hours. So as of right now, we are planning to cancel and I am so BUMMED. We had planned all along to make it and I am heartbroken over this weather keeping us away.

Kasey

Kasey:

The only other thing I could suggest is to check with the Highway Patrol, State Police, or whatever you call that function in PA. I spent three winters in Morgantown, WV, as an Air Force ROTC instructor, and anytime I needed to drive in questionable conditions the troopers there always had the latest in road conditions and were very helpful. You may not hear anything different from what you've already heard, but at least you'd have a "second opinion" from a reliable source.

Aloha,

Ned