Her fight is over

MindyH

On February 10th, my Mom went home to God. I think today is one of the hardest days for me. With all of the wake and funeral planning it didn't give me much time to think throughout the week. Today, I had a lot of time to think. I dried some flowers from the funeral and then didn't know what to do. I have been going back and forth to the hospital or rehab home or my parents house almost everyday. Now, this weekend, I don't know what to do with myself. My Mom was my best friend and we were so close. I haven't however cried as much as I thought I would. That I don't understand. In one way I have a releived feeling that she is not suffering anymore. But then, I get so angry that she had to get cancer in the first place. I guess I will never understand why these things happen to such good people. Someone said to me at the wake, God wants the good ones... I guess that gives me some peace of mind. I also keep thinking that my brother (My Mom & Dad had a son that passed away after only a couple of hours of birth many years ago) was lonely and needed my Mom in heaven now. I just hope that they are now reunited with my grandparents and uncle and godfather.

I am so sorry for your loss and I understand how you feel. my mom passed away 5 weeks ago today. I also was with my mom quite a bit( every other day) and when she was gone I didnt know what to do. I called my dad 4-5 times a day to check on him, The first week after the funeral I worked 60 hours and didnt sleep at all. I cry a little bit each day and cant believe how much I miss her. People say that it will get better with time and i have to believe them because the people who say it have been thru it all before. I hope you find some peace.

Cheryl

I am so, so very sorry to hear about your beloved mom. Your post could mirror mine from six months ago when I lost my mom. I was amazed at the fact that I couldn't cry very much, that I just felt numb and kind of sick a lot in the weeks and months following. It's a defense mechanism that kicks in...

I feel your pain and anger so much...losing your best friend and mom is the hardest thing a daughter will ever endure. There are a lot of us on this board, and I hope that when you need it you can log on and vent or get support. I know it helps me in some of my darkest hours.

Again, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, we are here when you need us...

My heartfelt sympathies at the loss of your mom. What you are going through is normal -- it is part of the grief process. You had over 2 years to prepare yourself and you wanted her free of pain, so that is part of why you don't cry as much. It has been the same for me in the loss of my wife. I cry from time to time at the craziest things, like a song on the radio -- whatever works. I wish you peace. Don

I am the same way as Don. Cry at any given time. Prayers and Hugs Tonite for strength and Peace. My deepest condolences for the loss in your Family.

Minday,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom.

It is a very rough road to see our Moms go through this.

Be kind to yourself and take it one day at a time right now.

PS I am very close to you, in Crystal Lake. If you need anything please let me know.

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

I am sorry Mindy for the loss of your mom, your best friend. It hits the hardest when you know your mom will not be there when you want to talk to her about everyday things, problems, support or just need mom hugs. Moms are so special and it really puts a whole in your heart.

We all grieve in our own time. Do not feel guilty as it just did not hit you yet. It will and it can happen at anytime. Someting could just trigger a memory or you may just pick up the phone to call her, the tears will come.... trust me.

Keep those beautiful memmories of her alive in that special place in your heart that is reserved only for moms..and there she will live on with all those memories you created together.

She is looking down upon and and she loves you so much.

My deepest condolences goes out to you and your family.

Maryanne :cry: