Update

Sue C

Lyn had her brain MRI last week and found out last night that it's clear! Pet scan is scheduled for March 6th. Her oncologist has decided not to start her on Tarceva. He had thought that was the way to go after her last appointment but said he presented her case to Duke and they all agreed Tarceva was not necessary. We see him again on march 15 for PET results and will also ask again why he has decided not to use it. Does anyone know if there are certian criteria needed before you use Tarceva?

Thanks

Sue

Sue try the ask the expert Forum on this question. Dr West is our Resident Oncologist specializing in Lung Cancer. He could probably answer the best for this question. Sending Prayers. My thoughts

Sue,

That’s good news. Tarceva is given many different ways. I was given it with first line treatment and I don’t even come close to looking like a person they predict to have good results from Tarceva. There may be some standard but I can’t find it.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie