Tarceva Rash

Tanner

My wife Karen started Tarceva 2 weeks ago and now her face is covered in the Tarceva rash and her upper torso is also affected. The doctor prescribed an acne cream for her face, but I am wondering what we can be using on her chest and back and neck. Any suggestions? Has anyone used anything that has been helpful with the itching and pain? Thanks

Tanner

If nothing else works ask your onc. about an antibiotic. My dermatologist gave me docycyline although it does make me nauseaus. I have also used flaggyl sp. (another antibiotic). These were mainly for the scalp problems. The flaggyl worked really well.

Hope this helps!!

God BLess!!

Jamie

For starters:

Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Solution 1% which is a topical antibiotic approved for the treatment of acne vulgaris. She used this on face and body.

Cetaphil Body Moisturizer.

Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer.

Aloe Vera Gel is soothing and healing.

Royal Spa® Smooth As Silk Hydrating Lotion.

We continue to look better products and monitor and adjust.

Chanwit

That "utter cream" is Bag Balm. It is used for just about anything but seems to work great. It can be found in any feed store or mercantiles.

I'm sorry she and many others have to suffer with this as well as all the other treatments.

Why does getting better have to be so difficult?

Laurie

There are certain foods and herbs that can interact with Tarceva.

Grapefruit, St John's Wort, certain forms of Echinea

I am not 100% on all of this so make sure you let the Dr know about herbs and ask about any foods to restrict.

There is an enzyme called cytochrome P450 (CYP450) that metabolizes tarceva. Certain foods and drugs interact with CYP450

I am not sure about the rash thing. I have read that there are studies that find a correlation between the two but I have never seen any statistics.

OSI pharmacuticals in planning to run a trial of dose escalation based on rash appearance. They are testing to see if some people need a bigger dose than 150.

Take Care