UPDATE - not good

3boys4amy

I just got off the phone with dad. He was a little more open with me this time. He said that they did a CT Scan yesterday and it wasn't good. They found three more tumors in his left lung (he had his right one removed). He said that the radiation seemed to have helped the tumors that he was treating before, but these tumors are all new. The doctors said that the new ones couldn't be treated and they are wanting to stop the Tarceva. Hospice is being called as well. What does all this mean? I am so scared. I don't want to lose my daddy! I am angry. I know that I seem selfish and I am sorry. But this isn't fair. Why does cancer happen to good people? I am so sorry for bringing this here, but I don't know where else to turn. My mom, all she thinks about is how is she going to get by financially if dad dies, because her sole income is her alimony from dad. Thanks for letting me vent.

I am very sorry to hear of your Dad's bad news. First of all don't ever be sorry 'for bringing this here' we are hear to listen and hopefully to help. Don is right, we all ask the same questions and there are no answers why this horrid disease happens to good people. It just does. I do agree with Don that a second opinion is always an option and a good idea. Good Luck & God Bless

wendy