Fatigue

Bill W

My wife has been recently diagnosed with adenocarcenoma. She is being treated with 150mg per day of Tarciva. Big issue is fatigue and lack of energy. Anything I can do here?? Appitite not great, but she is eating 3 times per day. Also on Digoxen, .0125 mg per day. Other things include acne on the face, nowhere else. Otherwise, she is good. Any ideas?? Thanks.........

Most articles on fatigue suggest exercise to combat it. It's hard to get up and move around when you're so tired but if you can get her out for a walk daily it might help. Some members here also take Ritalin- you could ask your doctor about that. There are many suggestions on the board on what to do for the Tarceva rash. Read the NSCLC forum and you will get lost of ideas.

Bill,

I have been taking Tarceva for 19 months. I have had no bad side effects. I try to drink a lot of water. I try to drink an 8oz glass of water for every hour that I am awake. I exercise a lot. The exercise seems to clean your pores when you sweat. I also soak in a hot tub for about 15 minutes. this also seems to clean your pores. If I slack off on the water or exercise it has an effect. Not enough water and I will get a slightly soar throat and not enough water I will get a little itching on the lower part of my legs. I also take a lot of supplements, but the water and exercise does make a big difference to me.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

I take Concerta (12 hour time released) for my fatigue and it helps me tremendously. It is in the Ritalin family. There is also Magese, Celexa and Provigil. I also exercise an hour a day. Keep in mind Ritalin and Concerta are a controlled substance and you will need a paper script to take to the pharmacy, they cant just call it in. Ask your doctor what is best for your wife. Hope this helps. Prayers fro the best.

My mom described her fatigue from radiation as feeling like she was walking through molasses with sandbags tied to her feet. I can't imagine.

Prayers for your wife to get through this soon. Sounds like other more experienced folks have some thoughts for you here.

Keep us posted!

:) Kelly