sciatica and spinal cord compression

spicysashimi

Over the weekend, I had an intense pain in the backs of both of my thighs. It sucked. Popped about 20mg oxycodone. It seems like its subsided, but the top of my butt/bottom of my back still feels sensitive.

I fear I have some nerve problems now and I fear that the cancer in my back has made its way to my spinal column.

Any ideas? What can be done? Radiation?

Dennis had radiation for the cancer in his spine. It really helped to relieve the pain. The chemo really did nothing to help with the cancer in the spine but the radiation was very helpful. Hope you're feeling better.

Aaron the pain you are describing is identical to what I felt when I found out I had a ruptured disk. It was TOTALLY debilitating. I was receiving steroid injections for relief of the problem and that treatment was sidetracked when lung cancer was discovered. At the present time the ruptured disk is being fairly quiet which is in part probably due to the fact that the chemo and radiation slowed me down a bit. Like my PCP said let's deal with the most threatening thing first. Do you get any relief from the pain in the lie with one leg bent and maybe propped up against the back of a couch or something like that???

I think it is more likely it is a disc problem, too. You can injure yourself just by sneezing, twisting the wrong way, etc. Are you on blood thinners? If so, they can make your bones brittle, too. I think you should have the dr. followup with a bone scan. Take care. Praying for you.

Hi There....I recently ...well for a while now have had scatica pain and also in the lower spine...It keep up for a good while and I decided to let the Doc take a look...Well of course with my LC history...he ordered lumbar exray's and a MRI..."just to make sure'...turned out to be nothing...probably 'arthritis' or just plain gettng old....Anyway..if it keeps up...trip to the doc's would be a good idea...good luck....PamS.

Hey Aaron!

Sorry to hear you've got pain going somewhere else now! Grrrrrrrr...that sucks!

For what it's worth...I've dealt with lower back/hip issues most of my adult life and have had some weird and very intense pain from very minor (and stupid!) injuries. Actually, one time I was scooped off my living room floor and taken to the ER because I twisted just wrong getting my kid outta the car. :roll: Check with the dr.s and see what they think. Mine told me walking was the only "cure"...and he turned out to be right. Hurt like a *^%$#@ *&$%^& to get up and move, but it helped.

Hopefully there will be an "easy" and "quick" fix for this for you...

Much love and many prayers...