One year without Mike

shineladysue

One year ago today, March 2, 2006, I lost my beloved husband, Mike. It was a balmy spring-like day, just as it is today...unseasonably warm just for today. It has been the hardest year of my life, I am still reeling from my loss, the pain in my broken heart is still very intense, but I am starting to want to move forward with my life. Mike would have wanted me to be happy. He knew I would grieve , but he would have wanted me to live. I will try.

I would like to thank all of you for being here with me and for me. The way we support each other and hold each other up during the hard times and celebrate and cry happy tears in the good times is what makes this place so special.. This place...yes again on this day, I thank Katie and Rick for this place . It is truly a gift of love. Love you both .

Thank you everyone!!! I hope to be here to support you for a long time to come. Like so many of you, there are times that I need a little break, but I always come back. I'm here praying for all of you.

Much Love, Prayers and God Bless you all!!!

Sue

Dear Sue, you lost Mike 2 weeks before I lost Ken. I find it hard to believe a year has gone by. It is hard to move on, maybe next year will be easier for both of us. I admire you for still being able to reach out and offer hope and support to others on this board. I remember you always being so loving and supportive of Mike and yet you were here for all of us to. Thank you.

Karen H

I want to say it doesn't seem like an entire year already. To you, I bet some days it does and others it seems like it's been an eternity. I remember this day last year, Sue (not that I remembered on my own TODAY......but remembered the day you posted losing Mike) and I recall my tears and disbelief that your love was gone. I am trying to send comforting vibes to you, but know that nothing anyone can do can ease the loss of Mike.

I am here for you WHENEVER, Sue. I would love to 'catch up' soon. It is a lovely day here today as well. Not sure it makes the day easier or harder. Either way...........hope knowing many care can help you through today.

Love,

Kasey

(((((((((((((Sue)))))))))))))))))

Time sure has a way of slippping by fast, even when our hearts are breaking. I know how hard this past year has been for you and how many adjustments you have made. The wonderful thing about this board is how it gives us the opportunity to have wonderful friends to support us. Sue, I hope today is a day that you can recall some beautiful memories of the years you and Miks shared. Time has a way of erasing all of the painful memories of the pain and suffering related with cancer and replaing those "tough" memories with beautiful memories of love and life. You're such a good friend and I am so thankful that we have each other to lean on when these difficult days roll around.

You guys are the best. Not everyone understands, but I know I can come here and be among people who do understand. Not only do you understand, you reach down in your hearts and share your love..Wish none of us had to be here , but I am thankful we have this place to come to. Thank you.

Love,

Sue

but I am starting to want to move forward with my life.

Dear Sue,

It just takes so much time, doesn't it?

I read your post and Ann's this morning and started to leak that well-known water from my eyes and just logged out.

It's just amazing how we can truly feel what someone else is feeling. I recognize that feeling of "wanting" to move forward. After a while, you just have to find a way to WANT TO want to, and it sounds like you have.

All my love, Sue,

Peggy