Why am I so upset about something so insignificant.....

Martha02

so much. I have been trying to sell my house since a month after my mom died. It's been on the market for almost a year. Why am I obsessing so much on a material thing? I should be upset only about my mother’s death. But I am also really upset about the house situation. Sometimes I think this is excuse for me to concentrate my energy in something also and sometimes I feel guilty about this. We jut had a bad 2 years first my dog died, than my mother in law died, than my mom died. I feel I am at the braking point. Sorry to even bother you guys about this.

I just needed to let it out.

Martha

Sometimes, Martha, it is that one insignificant episode that can just set us right off. Not that selling a house is not important, but in the midst of death and grief......well.....I hope you get what I mean. You have had so much and this house thing is the ONE thing you can get angry about and try to deal with.

Try to step back a bit and take some deep breaths. The house will sell. It's just not the right time at the moment. You had lots going on in the past 2 years. Just let things happen in their time. Take it one step at a time.

Kasey

This reminds me of times when I am really depressed and stressed. Have a lot on my plate. Then inavitably

I have to unscrew one of those medicine bottles. Kid-proofed. And, of course, I can not. The simple task of unscrewing that bottle when there is so much going on in my life turns out to be too much ! I have to leave it and come back to it later.

Soooo, step back and treat yourself well.

I wouldn't suggest you do what I do...LOL...or did last night. Been pretty stressful for me the last few weeks, work is kicking my butt and the weather is leading to some really white-knuckled driving. So, since Sunday night is the last few hours of the weekend, I filled a tub with hot water, grabbed a bottle of the finest chilled twist-top wine (nothing but the best for me!) and soaked for over an hour and drank the whole damn bottle...

Remember that phrase about work stress? LOL - face a Monday with a cheap wine hangover!

In life, there are big things and there are little things. Stonehenge is a circle of big rocks - your house is a whole lotta sticks or bricks, much smaller building blocks. Which is sturdier to you? A whole gathering of little things, right? No, no one would want one of those darn boulders to fall on them, but there IS a point when the weight of the little things will push you right into the ground. Unlike the weight of that boulder, you just need to find a way to take off some of the weights and the rest will seem much easier to bear.

Take some time for yourself. My advice? Fill the tub, turn on some sort of music, light some candles and bawl your eyes out. Yep, just let it all flow out. You'll feel better, I promise... If the tub doesn't work to get the tears flowing, lay quietly on your bed and take a deep breath in through your nose (eyes closed) and let it out of your mouth slowly....all of it...and take another slow, deep breath in....and let it out slowly....repeat about ten times, feel the anxiety crawling out with each breath...that band on your chest loosening and letting you take a deep breath...

And then, force yourself to do something fun with your family!

One step at a time, one day at a time...and sometimes, it gets down to minute by minute. Hang in there!