not so good scan results.

Hi all,

We received my husbands scan results today he has sclc with mets to brain and liver, he has had 3 rounds of etopside and carboplavin? The doctor said that apparantly this is not working, the disease has progressed in his liver and the primary tumor in the lung has shrunk some but new growth in both lungs, We have to go talk to him on Thursday, and decide what we want to do to progress, are there second round chemo drugs? has anyone had any luck with these? I'm really worried that more chemo may make him sicker and not really prolong his life I guess this is a thing we struggle with. he was just diagnosed the beginning of Dec. and we were told then that the picture did not look good, but things atleast cancer wise seemed to be doing ok, he's had problems with high blood sugar, thrush, severe constipation, dehydration but, we were managing these things,

Thanks for listening, I come here to vent because I know that everyone here understands the feelings,

Loretta.

So sorry to hear the news was not good, BUT, YES there are many different chemo combinations and sometimes, what works really well for someone else, might not work that well on your husband. When you are browsing on these boards, just glance at the timelines beneath everyones pic...most people have included what type of chemos they have been on, and as you can see, there are many types out there. I will be praying for you and your husband - don't ever give up hope. Love, Sharon

(((Loretta))),

So sorry that things have progressed. Take heart, there are more treatments out there and they will find the right combo of chemo/radiation to help. We went through 2 consecutive scans of progression for my husband before a new treatment worked again. I know they are different lung cancers, but don't give up hope. Keep us posted and YES we do understand.

Warm regards,

Welthy

Hi Loretta,

I'm so sorry to hear about the progression in your husband's cancer. Don't give up hope. There are second line treatments. I'm wondering if he's only had 3 cycles, perhaps they might try another type of combination chemo. Of course, you might also ask about clinical trials. I would say, if you don't like what you hear from the doctor, go somewhere else.

LulaBelle 21302 whose Mom is having success with 2nd line chemo may be able to help. She is also new here and I do not see a profile of treatment, but last post says good results with 2nd line. Send her a PM for info, I would think. that is easiest way to contact someone here, and is better than a message posted. prayers and good luck.

Sorry for those negative test results. Once they start a treatment you will feel so much better. They will find something that may work for her.

Keep faith and a positive attitude as it has moved many mountain.

Please know that we are here for you 2/7 you are never alone.

Maryanne