Same old news

beckyg

I saw the oncologist today because it became obvious over the weekend that my breathing was getting worse again. He sent me for an x-ray this morning to make sure there wasn't something going on there. No change from 2 weeks ago. He told me I could try upping the steroids and see if that helps--I am on a pretty low dose of Prednisone because a low dose was working when this breathing nightmare started. Hopefully that will do the trick and things will improve within a few days.

He is also sending me for a bone scan on Friday--I have had pain in my ribs on the right side since I woke up from surgery in February, but in the last couple of weeks it has seemed worse. It is in a place where it could just be muscular--caused by all the coughing I have done in the last year, but he suggested before I got a chance to that maybe it would be a good idea to do a bone scan at this point. He said he should have the results by Monday morning--much faster than the bone scan I had in Houston in January--that one took a full week! I am optimistic because heating pads do help the pain, but I am still glad to have the test and know for sure. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Becky

Sorry to hear that you are still having pain and short of breath. Mine and your case is almost identical in every way. I too am taking predinsone daily. I started out 3 a day but am down to one a day now. My pain is in my back and under my breast. Hope you get to doing better soon.

Bruce

Becky,

Hope the increase in the Prednisone gives you some much needed relief. And I'm hoping that the bone scan shows no mets. After a long spell of coughing my ribs would hurt, too. Turned out that what had happened was one rib had never healed after the surgery, so I had two broken ends slightly separated. Over time a type of callous formed at each end, but whenever I would have a marathon coughing spell those broken ribs would be gouging me. Not fun, but preferable to bone mets. Hope what is happening to you is equally benign.

Fay A.