B Vitamins for neuropathy?

Tom K

I saw a podiatrist yesterday and he prescribed Metanx (a B-6 & B-12 combo) for the neuropathy in my feet. He said he has used it for several patients with diabetic neuropathy and it has worked great. Has anybody here ever used this product or similar B vitamin compounds to relieve neuropathy?

I did. I think it was 'Dadstimeon' on this website that gave me the suggestion. I had neuropathy in my fingers and my feet. I used B-6 and B-12 using the directions on the bottle. It worked for me. The neuropathy in my fingers is completely gone. I feel it in my toes only occasionally, usually after I have been sitting (or fallen asleep) with my feet up in my recliner for a long time.

Carol

I am taking some B complex vitamins and it is helping me ... or at least I think it is and the mind is a weird thing. As long as it won't hurt me I am up for pretty much trying anything. Wish they could find something to relieve the discomfort and tightness left behind by the radiation. :lol:

Our Doctor had Tony start on B-6 before he even started chemo. Up to 600 mg per day. The less you need the better, because B-6 does have some anti-oxidant activity that counteracts the effectiveness of the chemo. Tony never had a bit of neuropathy and takes 200 mg per day.

He also strongly advocates B-50 for chemo related mouthsores. Works for Tony too.

Welthy

I do not have LC but developed neuropathy from my thyroid issues and bought sublingual B12 as I heard it helped. Before taking it I went to the doctor and they tested my B12 which came out in the normal range at 536 (200-1100). Neuropathy subsided so I did not take it. Then after seeing another doctor (Homeopathic) I was told my current B12 level was one for which they recommended B12 injections! I began taking the sublingual B12 immediately and the next morning the vision issues I had been having the previous 4-5 weeks were 100% better. I thought my vision issues were due to my thyroid problem when actually it must have been from a deficiency in B12. I recomend you try it. From what I've read if you take B12 and your body does not need it, it will excrete it.

Karen

I was happy to see someone has posted this as my sister, who was diagnosed with Stage IIIB LC is starting with neuropathy in the back of her hands. Her CEA marker is down to 10, so I am hoping she won't have to have much more chemo. She also is dealing with her liver enzymes rising and then lowering. Maybe the vitamins will help with that too?