Not new to cancer but new to this forum

J.C.

I have been reading some posts and now it is time for me to write.

My husband of 43 years, has NSCLC stage IIIA, non operable since

May 2002, now his battle is reaching the end.

We are alone without family and the friends we have are far away.

At this point there is not much I can say, except that when I read about

all the people with cancer I get sad, mad and powerless. I have breast cancer myself since 1999, so this kind of fight is not new to me, but now

I feel so lost when I see him hurt so much and there is nothing that can

be done for him.

I think that is all I can write tonight, except that I still have hope for

better days for a lot of people with lung cancer.

J.C.

J.C., the most frustrating parts of this cancer journey with my wife is when I am helpless to do anything for her. So I know that feeling well. My wife and I have been married 44 years, so understand that woven relationship. Thanks for posting your feelings. I wish for you the strength to get through what we must get through. Don

Hello JC..

I'm so sorry that you find yourselves alone and without friends... But happy you have found us. We can be your family and friends if you like

:-)

Just came back from a weekend in your neck of the woods .. Georgeville. Spent a few days at l"Auberge Georgeville and loved it. The leaves have turned and the scenery was quite spectacular. We thought about visiting Sherbrooke before returned home (Ottawa) but ran out of time. Another time perhaps.

Good luck to you both and come back often!!

I know exactly what you are saying. The pain of watching a loved one hurt and not being able to help is the worst pain I think I will ever know. Try to stay focused. Try not to think of the battle as being almost over. Instead, live in each moment. When my family was told that Dad would only be with us "a few hours or a few days at most" I tried to make each moment with him full of love and support. I'm not sure he could hear me all the time and maybe sometimes he didn't even know I was there but I feel that deep down, he did know. Stay stong. And while you are supporting him, make sure you have support for yourself.

Kris

JC,

My heart breaks for all of us who have had to come to this board. Though it is a great support and I am so glad its here. The journey we travel through cancer is a heartbreaking one. I have lost my husband of 24 years and most days I feel like I want to die also. I am luckier than you in that I have children close by and my youngest and his wife are staying with me until he goes into the service after the first of the year. I am hoping that gives me the ability to learn to be alone slowly. But even though I have family and friends close by I still feel more alone than I have ever felt in my life. It is my intent to spend as much time as I can doing volunteer work to raise cancer awareness and/or money for cancer research with my focus being on lung cancer.

I am so sorry to hear your story, you have come to a great place to vent, cry, rejoice the victories you might have. You will find many friends here!

J.C.

My Buddy and I have been married 46 years but have been together 51 years. We started going together when I was 15 and we married when I was 21 and he 24. I cannot imagine what you are going through even though I have been through this dying process with other members of my family and three dear friends who were like sisters to me. I guess when a time comes for one of us to leave we must accept it for there is no choice. I feel my Buddy and I will meet again at Rainbow Bridge and we will gather all our family and animals who went before us and we will all enter into eternal life together. I really believe this so parting here will be sad but at our age it will only be for a little while.

I wish you peace of mind at a time like this. All you can do now is stay by him and hold his hand. Talk with him whether he can respond or not. He will hear you. God be with both of you right now.