Cabo without mom

Shelley (MLC)

My family and I are leaving for Cabo in the morning. Mom was supposed to be with us on this trip. In fact, that may be the only reason I found out she wasn't feeling well...I was in the process of getting her airline ticket and checking the dates with her, when she felt that "I should know that she had been having some tests" This was on January 3rd and of course our lives have changed quite a bit since then. Mom started her chemo and would prefer not to go away at this time, so I am hoping that after the 4 cycles of chemo are complete, she will be doing better and we can take a belated trip elsewhere in the summer or fall. She comes somewhere with us each year and it doesn't feel right leaving her behind. I wouldn't go at all except that my husband and 2 teenage boys are looking foward to the trip and I know mom would be very upset if I changed plans because of her. We'll have the laptop with us, so I'm sure I'll be checking in with her (and all of you) each day. The new "normal" part of my daily routine. Thanks for being there. Shelley