Just Courious

I have been having a ringing noise in my ears for last 3 - 4 days. Was wondering if anyone else has experianced this problem. I am not on chemo or any type of radiation at this time. Suppose since being dx and operated on that every small thing like this will set off a panic attack. Could this be brain mets. Thanks everybody.

Dear Guest-

I totally understand your anxiety over every little abnormality that we perceive in our bodies now. Currently, if I have a new freckle, I think the cancer is back. :roll: I ignored some earlier symptoms and paid a dear price by missing chances to catch it at an earlier stage. Now I press to have EVERYTHING checked out. My onc is very sympathetic and definitely in my court.

According to Claudia I. Henschke, Ph.D., M.D. in her book LUNG CANCER: Myths, Fact, Choices--and Hope, the classic symptoms of metastasis to the brain are: severe headaches, blurred vision, confusion, seizures, or changes in personality or mental functioning.

I have not read or heard about "ringing in the ears" as being a symptom of brain mets. However, my mother experienced ringing in her ears, and it was discovered that she had high blood pressure. She was treated successfully.

In any case, I hope you see a doctor right away to help you track down the cause and alleviate your worry. Be good to yourself and follow up.

Dear Guest,

Have you had chemo in the past? I still have some residual ringing in my ears since having had chemo. Certain chemos like Cisplat can cause ringing in the ears. Symptoms may not show up for months or even years because of the way the drug acts on the body.

Cheryl

Dear Guest,

My husband had a very loud sharp ringing in his ears that lasted about a week. After changing some medications it stopped.

I know that ringing in the ears is listed as a possible side effect of cisplatin, but if you haven't had chemo recently that wouldn't be the cause, but I do think it can be related to some prescriptions.

I would ask your doctor about it. It is probably nothing serious, but it is always better to err on the side of caution.

God Bless,

Carleen