A Good Day!

laflood

I just got home from meeting with the doctors at U of Washington. Dr. Wood, the head doc, feels 70% certain he can remove the tumor and only a partial lung and that there was no cardiac effect. This is not what I had been told locally, in fact, the local doc was concerned that the heart would have to work twice as hard and that one lung couldn't support me! I am having surgery next Thursday (March 22nd) and he will also be biopsy-ing lymph nodes and doing another bronchostopy. I am sooooooooo glad I followed my guy instinct and sought a second opinion. Of course, he may have to take the whole lung once he gets in there and I'm okay with that if that's the case. But, the most important thing to me right now is that I have more hope than I had yesterday and I feel myself beginning to come to an understanding of my situation. That's enough for me right now.

Wow Lynne, I would say you DID have a good day :lol: ! I remember the day my (4th opinion) doctor told me he thought he could help me. It was like a rebirth of sorts. Second (and more) opinions are certainly worth the time and effort, aren' they?

I am overjoyed for you and hoping that this doc can make happen all that he feels he can, and that you will be on the road to recovery. Good for you!!!

Kasey

Lynne,

That is very good news! I will be thinking about you on the 22nd and will actually be nearby. My Dad has his consultation appointment up there on the same day to decide what his treatment will be. His doctor is on the same team as Dr. Wood.

Keep up that hope and stay positive.

I'm also sending you a pm, so check your mailbox. :)