Bad nicknames...ever had one?

KatieB

Bad nicknames...ever had one?

I'll start,

My maiden name was Dewey. When I was in the 7th grade a boy who liked me got very upset when I told him I didn't like him back....he started a nickname for me to all the boys....they called me "MOUNTAIN Dewey" like "mountain dew" soda.

--think about it---SO bad, right?!!

Thankfully it didn't last longer than a couple of weeks and the rude boy moved away.

Rick's mom was nic-named "Toots" as a girl- not hard to figure that one out. HA!

I get "Morning Glory" and everybody who says it thinks they're the first to ever think of it.

My sister is Rea Kline - my husband apparently was the only one to ever respond to her introduction with "oh, as in a chair"?

Dennis always called me "AnnieRoo." I'm not quiet sure where he got the nickname. I used to hate it but finally got used to it. Now that Dennis is gone, several of my friends now call me AnnieRoo to keep the memory alive.

Oh...almost forgot that he also used to call me "Anna Banana." Well, I really hated that!

Katie.. my dad always called my mom Toots! I never heard anyone else called that name before. I thought it was sweet.

I really don't have any nicknames myself.. but I have been called a few "names" in my time but that is another story :roll:

Because my younger siblings (and now my nephews/nieces) weren't able to pronounce my given name "Sherry Beth", I was lovingly dubbed "Shooey", now "Aunt Shooey". That's a lovely one to explain!

Well in school they called me Joker and sometime's HuffNPuff and i still get that once in awhile. After i Quit Boxing my Nick Name was Punchy...My Wife's Nick Name she kept her whole life and preferred it over her actual name which was Alyce but her nick name was Jonnie which almost all her friend's knew her as...

I lucked out that my maiden name you couldn't do much with...Now that I'm married?? Totally different story...my last name now even makes ME giggle sometimes!!!

Mom always called me "turkey-tail" or "kiddo"...and even now those are terms of endearment to me.

Mom named all of us for our nicknames...even her "Sue" is a nickname. Her youngest sister, though, had the best nickname. She was Elizabeth, but one of the kids couldn't say it and called her "Be-bit" instead. It stuck and for as long as I knew her she was Aunt Be (not Bea).