PET/CT scan report

Don M

I had my scan 3-12-07. I got the report today. I had been on prednisone for 2 weeks prior to the scan to rule out inflammation. It is no longer ambiguous. The malignancy grew from 39 cm to 49 cm and partially incorporates the superior aspect of the hilum. I don't know if this means I can still do cyberknife or not. I wonder about the hilum involvement. I have an appointment next week to see a pulmonologist to see about getting fiducials placed in the tumor.

Oh yeah...on the bright side, there is still no new disease.

Don M

You gotta be disappointed, Don, for I surely am. How many times does this da#n disease have to knock you down??? I'll keep you in my prayers for whatever is next to get you out of harm's way. So sorry, Don. Knowing you, you will keep the fighting spirit. Just wish you did't have to.

Kasey

I am so sorry to hear the report that you got. I certainly hope that cyberknife is an option. Actually I have always wondered why they did not just shoot chemo directly into a tumor to kill it, you know like when they do the needle biopsy. Instead of taking a chunk of the junk they could just fill it full of chemo and let it self destruct. Must be a reason that they don't. Praying for the best for you Don.

Hi Don, I am so sorry the report was not better. It's just crappy all around.

There is no rhyme or reason to this disease...it just does what it wants to, to anybody it wants to.

How do they put these fiducials in? And what are they exactly? I will be curious to read your experience with these things.

You continue to be in my prayers Don,

Barb

Don,

Geesh, I hate to hear your news. This disease is one hellova disease. Never know what it is going to do next. Like someone said, its great so see you find good news in with all the bad. I am hoping for a good treatment plan and keeping you in my prayers.

Nina

Sorry Don the news wasn't better. Hopefully cyberknife and or radiation is an option. Is chemo not an option? From your profile, it's been awhile since you've had any. Are you a Tarceva candidate? Hopefully you can find a treatment option that will at least stabilize that bugger. Wishing you the best, you're a great guy.

Damn Don, Not the news I wanted to hear. It just doesn't seem to end for you. Just keep that incredible attitude you have and keep that faith, it will help get you through this.

I really hope you can do the cyberknife. I know you will keep us posted.

Hang strong buddy,

Maryanne