Dad's finally gone and yet still here

Smallcell

Hello everyone; I have some news. Tuesday morning at 9:30 am my dad passed away from his sick body in to the other side of true life. Myself, his only child and my aunt, his only sister were there and thankfully our wonderful doctor and his assistant were there too. It wasn't the pneumonia that got him rather, it was the small cell that worked its aggressive coverage that took what is now my fathers shell but not his spirit as I'm sure that lives on. If you only knew is sense of humor- it was immence. It was a very rought last week and I didn't sleep a wink. Today, I have slept, then up an hour, then sleep, eat, and now back to sleep. I think something is trying to tell me it's time to start taking care of myself now but my heart hurts as my rock is gone. Please read about this awsome man that completed a relay for life and only wanted to make it to one more. This site has been a godsend to me, an outlet and a learning center. Without it, I would feel (as I did in the beginning) that I was the only one going through this. I'm not and after I get my head cleared after a few days, I'll come up with something to help those going through all of this. I need to. Please read a short obit about my father. He was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Thank you to this community. Kimberly :cry:

Oh Kimberly, I am so, so sorry to read your post. It breaks my heart to read you being in so much pain. Please know you have my prayers for peace. You sound like a very spirited woman, and God has wrapped you in his peace already, but may he continue to do so.

Blessings,

Jen

Kimberly,

So very sorry to hear about your Father. He went through so much with this damn cancer. He sounded like a great guy and I appreciate his service to our country. Please take care of yourself now. May God hold you close in the upcoming days and weeks.

Hugs,

Welthy

Thank you so much everyone. I didn't know until yesterday that you REALLY CAN sleep for 24 hours (after having no sleep for 3 days or so)!! Today however, I picked up my phone to call him. Twice. Things have changed but I know dad is watching over me. Thank you all again. I will certainly keep watching this board and doing the best I possibly can to help. I want to do more and believe that will be my next "career". Love you all.

Kimberly i lost my wife of 44 year's a year ago this febuary.And at time's i feel she is still here watching over thing's. But as time goes on some thing's will get better and even some understanding, so hang in there as i'm sure your father would want that.....