One month ago today

EastCoastLadi

I lost Carlton, it may be the first day of spring, but I feel so cold and empty. I found the first couple of weeks I was in total numbness, now that has subsided. I find that I am having a more difficult time now, I've cried so many tears, but I know I have many more to come. I can't believe he is gone! Why does life have to be so unfair? I am not as strong as many may think.

I think I'm doing all the "right" things one is supposed to do, counseling ( for me and the girls), grief group ( for the girls and me online), trying to make it thru each day. No one knows how this feels until you lose the love of your life, because without your love, what is your life?

Grief hurts so bad

Grace

Dear Gracie, I wasn't able to comfort you when Carlton lost his battle with cancer last month. I was becoming completely over whelmed myself with everything that was going on with you. I did follow your story and you are very brave and strong for what you have gone through and what you continue to go through. I can't imagine not breaking down once in a while. And it will take a while to heal. You've had your heart ripped out of you body. Without antsteshia or bandages. When we lose our lung it takes months for us to heal. Why should you heal faster? Because there's no scar on the outside? Your scars and pain are inside and can only be seen by those you share with. And that's us. I'm going to be praying for peace for you. You have strenght and courage. Just peace. I want you to see that Carlton is all around you. Evrytime you look at your girls, you will see him. Everytime you hear that special song you will feel him, everytime the sun shines on your face, you will feel his touch. Let him warm you up inside. Let everything go to God and let him worry about the details and you just soak up Carltons presence, as it is all around you. Hugs and more hugs, Liz

Grace, like Tina, I too know what you are going through. Buckets doesn't begin to describe the amount of tears. But, the heart in your throat feeling does mostly go away. One day you will realize that you hadn't cried that day and then it will be 2 days. And then out of nowhere it slams you in the heart. But, Grace, have faith. Life will be happy again. Your girls, your friends, your work will bring joy to you. Stay strong, it is a tough road, but you are tougher than you think.

Grace, I know how much your heart is breaking. I can say, as others have already done, that the sun will shine again one day and all of the bad memories will be replaced with happy ones of the life you and Carlton shared. Just make sure that you allow yourself the time to grieve in your own way. I know how hard it is when you feel you have to be strong for the girls. Please yell if you need to talk.

(((Grace))) I am so sorry you are hurting so much! I understand that we can never really be prepared and it still has not been very long. Please do not be hard on yourself. You have been through so much and grieving happens before, during and after. Allow yourself to feel and love your girls like crazy to help them get through too (and please remind me of this later).

I am always here for you!

Flowergirlie