I think we are getting closer to the end!

My last post was days ago. So much has happened that I cant begin to describe it all.I LAST POSTED IN NSCLC, and the problems were numerous. My husband, Danny, has not taken food in for two weeks, many of you advised me to get that feeding tube, asap. You were all right. We received the results from the ct scan today, tumors pressing on mussels, and on and on. Its been a very long day, admit him to the er, and the doctor can insert the feeding tube tomorrow,

shortest way possible, started out at 330 pm to the er, and 10 00 now finally getting home. Not any hope left, complaining of leg pain, did a sonagram, numerous blod clot in the legs, on a fetenal patch for pain in the head, and on and on. They are going to put the feeding tube in tomorrow am. What a total nightmare. Hospice? definately suggested, I dont know, I dont know anything tonight, I have three children, 35, 33, and 28, the last one being at home due to her needing to help us. We shall see tomorrow.

Thanks for all your support. Mary

Hospice will be able to help you and keep him comfortable. You should call them even if you aren't ready for them to come in yet. They like to be prepared. I am glad he is getting the feeding tube it will help keep him nourished and hydrated. Let us know how it all goes.

Iam home tonight, feeding tube inserted, all is well for tonight. Tomorrow I will learn all that needs to be so I can get him home, That at this point is the most important thing. Mary

Oh my god, I hate this, please, please, take him quickly if you have to!

All is going as good as it should be, feeding tube is nothing, fighting on on doing it as often as we should is yet another issue. He feels it is too much of my time, yea, thats just him.!He has "numerous" blood clots in the leg, which he says causes him much pain, when he moves.other than that, his color is better, and we are moving on. And yet, he really doesnt want to, soooooo, Ill continue on, as it should be, he is very unsure how far he wants to go, so we shall see. Thanks a ton, Mary

I know it is so hard. Thanks for the update on your husband. Are you hanging in there? My husband is experiencing similar problems with not eating and horrific pain. It is so hard to watch the one you love suffer. My husband has lost 25 pounds in the past month.

Sending you positive thoughts and lots of support! I wish there was more I could do to make it easier to deal with.

Flowergirlie