What will be hardest to leave behind?

blaze100

We've all wondered what the after life will bring, but I think it will be hard to say goodbye to some of our favorite things.

So, family and friends aside, what will be the hardest thing to say goodbye to for you? And what will be the easiest thing to give up?

For me, it will be hard to say goodbye to bright blue skies with big puffy white clouds. But I definitely will not miss dragging myself out of bed at 6am on dark cold rainy days to go to work. :)

Barb

I guess for me, I don't like to think of what I will be leaving behind. I guess I'm not ready to do that just yet. It's nicer and easier to think of what lies ahead for me on earth and what can I do to enjoy my life, be it how ever long that will be.

I know we are all dying, but I want to think LIFE and LIVING as long as I am able to. Life here on earth is short lived and I just want to embrace it for all it's worth and for as long as I can. Maybe when the time comes and I am near the end of my journey I will think of what I might be leaving behind. For now I would say that list is endless.

The first two years after I was diagnosed with lc I thought only about death and dying. That was SO UNHEATLHY FOR ME! I don't do that anymore. Life is to precious and I just want to enjoy it.

I'll think about the things I will leave behind when the time comes. Not to mention I like to think I'm going to be in a much better place some day and we will all be there along with the blue skys and white puffy clouds and all the beauty of the world. I've got a lot of family and friends on the other side that I am looking so forward to seeing again. But for now, Life here is good! :wink:

I like to enjoy everything here on earth to its fullest. I don’t think I will be leaving anything behind permanently. It’s like being in a nice cabin on a cruise ship and being upgraded to the best suite on the ship. I look at it as being God’s magnificent upgrade. In a short time all your loved ones will be upgraded too. In the meantime live life to its fullest and praise the Lord for each day.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

I unfortunately think about death often although I don't want to but I cannot help myself. I will miss my children the most. I will not miss my job and the only bright spot about checking out early is that it puts me in early retirement. :)

Lilly

Well we all die, but I notice that my bible study friends are actually looking forward to Heaven. And I agree with Ernie it will be an upgrade, but it still makes me sad to think about leaving this world behind.

Not that I am afraid or worry that it would be painful....just that it will be very hard to say goodbye to our family (even temporarily) and to some of our favorite things about this life.

I think I will be homesick for the people and things I leave behind. Crazy huh?

Barb

Not at all.

I am going to hate leaving my kids.

The life experiences that were good here, I am glad I have experienced. I particularly enjoy sun, wind, spring smell in the air, night wind through the trees, animals large and small, domestic and wild. When it's time to move on, I'll move on, the only regret being leaving my girls.

Not the most pleasant topic, but to those with a strong faith, not as scary as it could be.

MaryAnn