Dying

I jsut found out that my dad has 2 weeks left to live. He is being sent home from the hospital with Lymphangitic spread. The doctors thought it was pnemonia but it turned out to be much worse. Does anyone have any experience with Lymphangitic Spread? I don't know what to expect, and I'm so scared.

Amanda,

I am so sorry to hear that. My father had it as well

though doctors are not sure whether that was what killed him. It was terrifying to watch the speed at which SOB was getting worse and worse. His left lung was commpromised and the spread was in the right lung. At some point the right lung basically shut down. He lived a week from that time. It is still my belief that the doctors could have possibly "open up" the left lung if they tried harder but ... I will never know.

Again and regretfully I do not have any information for you on this diagnosis.

I did want to comment however that I strongly disagree with the doctors telling you how long someone has to live, too many people have been told this and it has be incorrect, causing hurt and distress. I would not speak such negativity into your situation, be optimistic and realistic but not placing timelines on the unknown.

My thought and prayers for your family.

Beat it.

(((Amanda)))

I know how you are feeling, I am very sorry that you have to go thru this, the most important thing now is for your dad to be made comfortable, and to make sure that you take care of you as well. My prayers go out to your family and I hope and pray that your dad will not suffer.

Grace

I am soooo sorry to hear this news. I believe my boyfriend Joe had the same thing. He had his right lung removed and then pleurodisis to help with his recurrant left pneumo. He was hospitalized on Aug. 9th for severe pain (mets to adrenal gland and brain). I talked to him on sunday night the 13th at 11pm and by 8am I get "the phone call" saying he only had hours to live. In fact they were waiting for his entire family to get there to pull his breathing tube. I looked at his chest xray (i am an xray tech.) and it looked like pneumonia had filled his entire and only lung. The doctors said that the CA had spread to his lymph nodes in the abdomen and that is what caused the pneumonia etc. etc. So I am not sure if that would be called the same thing. What ever it's called, I will be praying like mad for you!