Charm School !!!

Larry

Subject: Charm School..........

Two nicely dressed women strike up a conversation during an endless wait in the LAX airport. The first lady was an arrogant California woman married to a wealthy man. The second was a well-mannered elderly woman from the South.

When the conversation centered on whether they had any children the California woman started by saying, "When my first child was born, my husband built a beautiful mansion for me." The lady from the South commented, "Well,isn't that precious?"

The first woman continued, "When my second child was born, my husband bought me a beautiful Mercedes-Benz." Again, the lady from the South commented, "Well, isn't that precious?"

The first woman continued boasting, "Then, when my third child was born, my husband bought me this exquisite diamond bracelet." Yet again, the Southern lady commented, "Well, isn't that precious?"

The first woman then asked her companion, "What did your husband buy for you when you had your first child?" "My husband sent me to charm school," declared the Southern lady. "Charm school?" the first woman cried, "Oh my God! What on earth for?" said the first woman.

The Southern lady responded, "Well for example, instead of saying "Who gives a shi_" , I learned to say, "Well, isn't that precious."

This is always my very favorite joke. My best friend and I heard this years ago and have "adopted" it as our favorite. When we are in a situation when someone is boasting and we know it's mostly BS, we use that Precious phrase and no one ever knows....I hope.