paint it black

MartaO

Hello-

I've been coming here from the day my mother was diagnosed April 29th to now. She died on August 22nd at a very young 82. She was my grandmother who legally adopted me. I feel like I have constant PMS, as if everybody is annoying me and I'm the only sane one. I know that I need time to feel all of my emotions, cry and also know that someday it will be easier but noone will ever be my mom and I feel like a sad little orphan. I have always been optimistic and bright and cheery (the second graders in my class probably see that even now) but it seems I'm not looking forward to much of anything. My husband is awesome but if he grumbles about the slightest thing like "Why didn't you ask me to get that before I sat down" I cry and think my mom would never complain about giving anything ever.

I will never have anyone love me so completely ever. I think it's just hitting me now because I was running for so long (the hospitals, research etc. you all know). I also put on so much weight during this time that I feel physically bleh. I'm so sad, please tell me it will pass, please.

It WILL pass, but you will always miss her and have moments of sadness. But it does get better. I lost both my parents when I was in my early twenties, and was able to move on. I understand about there not being another mother. I loved my mother-in-law dearly and was very saddened at her passing ten years ago. She was a good "mom", but she did not replace my mother. It was just a different but great relationship. Take your time. Don

Hi Marta,

So you have been reading all the posts and finally decided to come in and tell us about yourself. So sorry for the passing of your mother/ grandmother. I had a dear friend who adopted her two grandchildren when they were 2 and 4 years of age. They sure kept her young up until her death 2 years ago at age 65. YOur mother/grandmother being 82 and a young 82 was great. To be able to live a great life up to that point and not have problems is amazing for I have not had that in my life. My parents passed away when they were 61 and 63 and then I lost my sister at 62, brother at 65 and three dear friends between the ages of 49 and 60.

Each of their deaths were so very hard to get over. Sometimes I look back and wonder how I did get through it all. I guess the same way all of us do, - - time........

Hello MartaO,

So sorry to hear about the passing of your mother/grandmother. My father passed away when I was 9 years old. I thought life would never be the same. Time does ease the pain, but the memory will always be there. I’m sure your mother/grandmother would want you to get back to your old self as soon as possible. Also try to keep busy. It will pass. Hope this helps. Take care and God Bless.

Rich

Hello-

I've been coming here from the day my mother was diagnosed April 29th to now. She died on August 22nd at a very young 82. She was my grandmother who legally adopted me. ...........................................................

I think it's just hitting me now because I was running for so long (the hospitals, research etc. you all know).

I also put on so much weight during this time that I feel physically bleh. I'm so sad, please tell me it will pass, please.

Your post and tribute to your mom really touched me - You poor thing, I wish I could give you a hug! :(

There is no easy way to grieve for someone you loved so much - You are going through one of the hardest things anyone ever has to deal with - losing your beloved mom - and so there is no perfect way to act.

Sometimes you'll just cry at the littlest thing, and then other days you may find yourself laughing at a memory or something funny you know your mom would have found funny too.

It does get better, because time just passes and the strong pain you feel gets a bit smaller - so that you don't hurt so much when you think of her.

Talk to her in your thoughts & prayers , and about her to others - I think that helps - Find something to do - exercise if you feel up to it, it will make you feel better about yourself, or consider taking a course in some school - these distractions will help you move on.

Also, think about what your mom would say to you if she saw you so sad and depressed - you know she wanted you to be happy and be able to move on as she must've done when she lost parents & others in her life.

Sometimes we're stronger than we think we are, and that's what will get you through all of this.

Take Care.......

HopeJ.