Ger's Obituary

hockeyma

Two weeks ago tonight my husband passed away - here is a copy of his obituary:

Mallard, Gerald Patrick (Mallard’s Painting)

After a courageous battle with cancer Gerald died peacefully at home in the company of family on March 20th 2007. Gerald was a loving and kind hearted man in his 43rd year who leaves behind his wife Heather and sons Christopher and Sean and faithful companions Missy and Laddy. Much missed brother of Rose Ash(Terry), Artie (Bonnie) and Michael all of Newfoundland, Helen Campbell(Earle) of PEI and Bob(Monique) of Alberta. Dear son in law of Joan Switzer of Orillia and brother in law of Scott (Janet) and Karen(Len). Lovingly remembered by nieces Kelsey, Brandi, Jennifer and Vicki and nephews Shane, Corey and Sam. Remembered fondly by many other aunts, uncles and cousins – especially Ontario cousins Liz Bishop (Dave), Geraldine Greeley (Kevin) and Christine Cooper(Mike). Gerald was a member of Coldwater Slowpitch and the Coldwater Dart League. Missed by many in the communities of Coldwater and Orillia including wonderful friends Stuart Tinney, Tom Tinney, Roli Raymond, Neil Hillstrom, Chris Poisson , Chris Hale and John Bell. Many thanks to all of those for the support through Geralds illness especially Amanda (Bayshore), Roseanne, Father Andrew, Reverend Ed, Dave Beckett and Dr Brad Perigo.

Donations can be made to the Childrens Wish Foundation or the Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital Oncology unit. Gerald will rest at Doolittle Carson Funeral Home Orillia Ontario March 23rd and March 24th. Service on March 25th. A celebration of life will be held in St John’s Newfoundland following cremation

Heather,

My deepest sympathies to you, your boys and your entire family on this tremendous loss. I will keep you all in my constant prayers and may the days ahead be gentle on your heart.