PET/CT Scan Results

MEA

Just wanted to share the good news from my husband's scan. Need to do a little research, but I am assuming the fibrotic change is a result of the radiation.

On CT images, there is no adenopathy of adenopathy within the neck, chest, abdomen or pelvis. The lung windows demonstrate some mild fibrotic change within the medial aspect of the right upper lung. There is not evidence of pulmonary masses, infiltrates, or pleural effusions. No mediastinal or hilar adenopathy is identified. The is unremarkable without evidence of focal lesions. The adrenal glands are normal. No retroperitoneal adenopathy is seen.

On PET images, no focal abnormal areas of hypermetabolic activity are identified within the neck, chest, abdomen or pelvis. Specifically, no abnormality is seen within the mediastinum are hilum.

Impression: No evidence of residual or recurrent malignancy. No abnormal areas of hypermetabolic activity with the neck, check, abdomen, or pelvis on today's PET study and there is no significant change when compared to the most recent study 12/12/07.

I am so happy :D

Mary