need advice

alexan

Hi, hope all of you are allright, Last week I finish taken the steroids that the Dr. give me for the radiation neumanatis. Visiting my grandaugther in Dallas I sart feeling complete out of breath, I thought it was the change of climate. Came back home & since I did not feel better went to see the Dr. After this & that they made me a CT, and show up to be neumonia. The problem is they don't know what type of pneumonia because I don't have the tipical symptoms. They are going to do a bronchoscopy so the can see how they treat me. Did some of you have the same thing??? Thank you

bucky

Deb never had Pneumonia but she ahd shortness of breath and chest pains from fluid around the heart and had surgery for that. Keep us posted as soon as you find out something. Oh yeah and A BUMP to the top of the list here.

I never heard of doing a bronc for pneumonia either! :? But then again I never say never! But, it's better to be safe then sorry. Bucky are you on antibiotics now or are you still on steroids? How's the breathing?

Keep us posted. Good luck and I hope your feeling better soon. I had radiation pneumonitis (which is a type of pneumonia) also, but the steroids cleared me up after 8 or 10 weeks of being on them.(sorry I don't totally remember, it's been over 11 years) It wasn't fun and it sure makes you very short of breath. I don't know if antibiotics would work for pneumonitis?? (I'm talking out loud to myself) :roll::wink: Keep us posted.

Thank you again & to Ralph & Connie.Connie They gave me the steroids5 weeks ago & Iwent back to the Dc. because I was really sob & my cough start. I had the same treatment that you had. My onc call me yesterday night & he really prefer not to do the broncos. (me to of course). So will see if the anti works. Thanks a million bucky