Don M update

Don M

So Barb,I assume they eventually paid. I have always wondered about that duck.

That is my first step to get a written notice of denial and the reason why. Hopefully it won't come to that if they see that FDA has approved the treatment. They said they would send me a written notice after they review the fax I sent them. They said it could take 2 weeks for a response, but I am going to call them every day and remind them.

stupid cancer...stupid insurance

Don M

Hi Don, It sounds like your case is going the way of my Aflac. They don't want to put denial down on paper because they hope you will give up with a phone call. They encourage you to fax info to them, then they use the excuse the fax papers stuck together etc.

Aflac did pay me. I had to make a copy of their policy definitions along with my doc reports and circle info that showed I qualified for payment. Then I sent them hard copies via registered mail. I heard nothing back, just got a check in an envelope a few weeks later. :)

Don, I know our personnel office is very helpful getting our health insurance to pay - even for our retirees. I just stop by and ask them if they can please call their "inside" insurance contact person. I usually explain the situation to personnel and show them the outstanding bill.

Usually personnel lady will offer additional info like, someone else just had the same issue and it was resolved etc. Or someone else just had this very same treatment and it was paid w.o. a problem.

Anyway, come negotiation time my employer is always reminding us that health insurance adds an extra $15K to our salary. So I am paying the premiums indirectly and my employer gets to pick the insurance carrier. It only makes sense that my employer has a responsibility to make sure that carrier is meeting its contractual obligations.

Keep us posted Don.

Barb

Don...

I'm with everyone else...insurance hassles bite the big one, and hard! Sounds like you're working them over good, though, and hopefully it will be THEM who give up soon!!!

By the way...if you get your insurance co. to cough up the money I might have a job for you dealing with MY insurance co. on a daily basis for me!! LOL Do you happen to have any experience in the Ob department? :wink:

Prayers that it all gets straightened out soon for you and you don't have any more problems with that kinda crap!