Non-LC update

Geri

Okay, here's the scoop.

There is a "suspicious" mass , 1cm in size that by appearance could be malignant.

Oh Crap! is all I can say.

The wheels have started to turn a lot faster now, I could have had the guided needle biopsy tomorrow (Thurs) until they found out I take an asprin every day ($%*&) now I have to wait a week. We are scheduled to go on vacation on Fri but they said this was of no concern physically and if I could take the wait there was no problem, so we're off to Tenn. as planned

Soooo, I'm having the biopsy done on the 25th and will have the results by the 27th. The only difference from the first opinion is that the lumpectomy will be done after the biopsy, if needed.

Please keep those positive thoughts coming my way, I'm ready to deal with whatever it is so......... onward and upward!

Thanks for caring

Geri

Oh Geri, not the news you wanted or needed I am sure. Just remember that the statistics are overwhelmingly stacked in your favor.

I have come to the conclusion that we need to add another 4 letter word to the list of bad words:

WAIT

I, too, went on vacation before the same type of proc you are having. Found I could put it out of my mind and have fun. Just keep a Vodka and Dew handy.

I'll be thinking about you.

I guess patience is the key right now. Hopefully the holiday will take your mind off it all somewhat, easier said than done, I know. I will be sending every positive thought I can your way Geri.

Enjoy your time away and best of luck,

Sharon

Hey Geri........what the heck are you up to :x ? I really wasn't expecting to see this today :evil: ! I just don't know what to say. You already know all the plaatitudes............so I'll just say that I'll be praying so hard and sending every positive vibe I have your way. And, of course, expect a great result on the 27th!

I now know what hell will be for all those med professionals who tell us to wait and/or watch. When they die, before being swept up to heaven, they will be told to just 'wait' for a while. Then we'll leave them there for a good, long time before coming back and telling them that the wait/watch plan will be repeated. Now, of course, this will be a very warm environment, surrounded by flames! Whaddaya think? Works for me!

In the meantime, hope you can enjoy vacation. Tennessee, huh? Are you going to be anywhere close to Jamie while you're there? What sights are you planning to take in? I sure hope your itinerary keeps you so busy that your mind doesn't have time to wander, ya know.

I'll be thinking of you for sure.

Kasey

Hi Geri, I prescribe lots of rest with unlimited supplies of high quality chocolate on your vacation. :)

Just remember that one argument against using breast MRIs was that they could produce too many false positives causing unnecessary worry and expense. :) Hopefully this is one of those false alarms.

Barb

A little aside here.....got my $2000 bill from the hospital today, the ins company has refused payment of my MRI so now something very stinky is about to hit the fan!

How enjoyable is this, a new fight to take my mind off things - actually it's Richard's fight, he took the bill to "take care of this b***s**t" Gotta love that man! :):):)

Geri

Well Geri, sorry to hear that you have some worry on your plate. Try to put it on the proverbial shelf while you go enjoy your vacation.

I have had several issues in the past, and after surgery and biopsy on 2 separate occasions, I was lucky enough for them to be benign. I wish the same for you, of course, and will be looking for your post saying so.

Try to enjoy the trip!