Why are YOU still here, on LC Help?

Snowflake

I just stumbled across this string in a search for Stand4hope to let her know that I downloaded our special song (Don't Worry, Be Happy) as a ringtone on my new phone.

Anyway, this is a GREAT post.

I stay at LCSC b/c I feel so attached to so many people. Admittedly and selfishly I am not as active posting as I was in the beginning. But I am too hooked on the friendships I have made not to continue on. I feel closer to many here than I do in every day life.

Besides the friendships, I also like to "show off" my mom who managed to muddle through Stage IIIA LC, pulmonary embolism, brain anyerusm, and triple bypass in just 3 1/2 years. I hope that it brings hope to those newly diagnosed that there ARE survivors.

I have always been told that you typically read about the worst case scenarios on the internet b/c those who are fine don't bother. It is so nice that survivors here DO show support for the newly diagnosed as we all know how scary it is.

LOVE YOU ALL!!

Becky,

I come here every day. Even though I don't post alot, I read and keep everyone in my prayers.

Why do I still come? It is a safe place for me. So many here have given encouragement to keep on keeping on when I didn't think I could.

How can I leave?

Always...warm hugs.

Hi Snowflake, Why do I continue to come here?

I've asked myself this question too. Even though I'm going on 7 years out, I will never be "over it" emotionally. When I stop visiting, then I start acting out at home and work.

We have some real fighters here. I've learned a lot from their posts.

When I was younger and living in Idaho, we used to x-c ski down some wild and steep mountain trails. It was always easier to stay up if I let someone else ski in front of me. Sometimes I just need to see someone else do it before I try. :)

Barb