need help for my mom!!!!

I haven't wanted to post this on the board, but mom and my family find ourselves possibly faced with another case of lung cancer. Mom has emphysema and her pulmonologist sent her for a routine xray a couple months ago. It showed a small spot in the upper right lung. A follow up Ct was done which confirmed the spot and a couple other very small nodules. To follow that up, a PET scan was just done which showed just the one spot of 1.2 by 1.4 in her upper right lung. After being offered alternatives of either bronchoscopy, needle biopsy or wedge section surgery , she chose the surgery. Mom wants the tumor out of there. We won't know if it is indeed cancer until it is biopsied during surgery. What I am asking for are two things ...

1. anyone with knowledge of and experience of having a wedge section to share the experience with us...

2. for your prayers.

Thank you ,

Love,

Sue

My dad had a wedge resection and was back to his normal self pretty quickly. A few weeks after he didn't follow dr orders of no lifting. I mean he claims he did, but we don't believe that his little 15 lb mini poodle carried in a 20lb bag into the house ;)

I hope your mom has a quick recovery and gets good news.

PS--My dad has multiple nodules, but so far just the 1 from the wedge resection were malignant. A few other were biopsied and were clear

Of course you have our prayers, Sue. Sorry that I have no first hand knowledge of wedge resections. But you are already armed with lots of knowledge and know all the right questions to ask. So, hopefully, you can go into this with some confidence......though so very sorry you must.

Keep us in the loop.

Love,

Kasey

Thank you so much everyone. Just seeing all your faces and posts in support of me and my family means so much.

I don't want to be here talking about this damned disease again. We are praying that it's not cancer , but we know that it could well be. Mom is 78 and has other health problems such as emphysema, type 2 diabetes, atrial fibrillation etc. She has been through a lot of medical problems and procedures in her lifetime. She has had gallstones, kidney stones, hysterectomy, appendectomy , Giant cell arteritis, etc etc.. I've lost track. She has arthritis and walks with a walker and is already on oxygen... In spite of all that, she gets along pretty well. Just somehow, she didn't need to have this problem and please God don't let it be lung cancer.

Thank you for letting me vent and thank you for your support. you guys are the best.

Love,

Sue