can anyone answer this ??

Robin

I just noticed in the past week that my left side of my breat but closer to tyhe windpipe seems to be a little larger than the other side, its the side that the cancer was on around the pulmonary artery. I go to the doctor this coming friday for my fiurst monthly visit since finishing chemo,I am a nervous wreck wandering what this is. I have not had no coughing or pain . Please help

A lump caused by cancer is usually hard, irregularly shaped, and firmly fixed under the skin or deep in tissue. Although they usually do not cause pain, some types of cancerous lumps are painful. Most lumps are not caused by cancer.

Noncancerous (benign) growths

Types of noncancerous (benign) growths, which are usually harmless, include:

A lipoma, a smooth, rubbery, dome-shaped lump that is easily movable under the skin.

A cyst, a sac of fluid and debris that sometimes hurts.

Cystic lesions from acne are large pimples that occur deep under the skin.

Branchial cleft cysts are found in the neck and do not usually cause problems unless they become infected. These cysts are most common in teenagers.

An epidermal cyst (also called a sebaceous cyst) often appears on the scalp, ears, face, and back.

A ganglion, a soft, rubbery lump (a type of cyst) on the front or back of the wrist.

A thyroid nodule, an abnormal growth on the thyroid gland or an enlarged thyroid gland (goiter) in the neck just below the Adam's apple. Tonsillitis may also cause swelling in the neck.

A salivary gland problem, such as inflammation, a salivary stone, an infection, or a tumor.

An inflammation of fatty tissue under the skin (erythema nodosum) or overgrown scar tissue (keloid).

I am not an expert but I am aresearcher and I hope this at least helps wease the fears and worries until you see the Doctor and have it checked out. Sending Prayers for good news!!

thank you for the info. this was not there when I was dx with cancer it has just came up in the last month since stopping chemo. Its not read or anything and its right where the cancer was,I just pray its not back after only being off of chemo 1 month.