Shaky hands

wondermom

You know, my wifes hands shake too. I don't know why. They started shaking shortly after her whole brain radiation and she had one more chemo after. She has had additional brain MRI and PET scans, so no one knows why her hands shake. She isn't dehydrated currently, although she has been in the past but it has had no bearing on whether or not her hands shake. It is what it is. Perhaps sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Tanner

Definately not alone!

Mom's right hand started shaking after her brain radiation treatments, too. It would get better the farther out from treatment she got, then get worse again after another round. We asked the doctor and he said that it was the inflammation (with or without the decadron) and it would ease up as the swelling went down, but it could take a while. I would say if it gets worse or doesn't seem to get better...ask away and see what the doctor says!

Harry's hands shake all of the time, and even worse when he's dehydrated, or when his blood pressure is getting too low....(He tried to hold a glass of water, and it shook right out of the glass!)

I wonder what causes that?

Take care,

Nova

Bill endured both WBR as well as the Cyber-knife procedure. Immediately after his brain tumors were surgically removed we noticed a slight tremor in his right hand. Following the WBR, the tremors became more noticable and then upon completion of the Cyber-knife, both hands were affected. His neurologist told us that there was no way to know if the tumors, the progression of cancer, the chemo or the actual WBR was the cause. He did have some days when the tremors were not as intrusive, but they were always there in some form. Best of luck to your Mom in her fight!

Dads hands shook too, began right after brain radiation.... i thought it was just "his" reaction, so bad that he too could not hold a glass of water, or read a newspaper - now I see it is pretty universal - Interesting that we can all sit here and put the symptoms together as what logically seems to be a result of brain radiation, but those intelligient, well- versed, highly educated doctors can't make the connection???

Sorry, just had to vent a bit there!!!!!!