A little nervous about brain MRI

mary colleen

Mary Colleen,

I'm so angry reading your post. There's no reason why you and your husband should have been subjected to those words put in such a manner. I can only imagine how your hubby (and yourself) must feel.

Definitely praying for you today...

Love,

We had a similar conversation with our "first" onc. He had given us the news that it was stage IV and I was telling my wife that it is OK, we can meet this head on and win this fight, and he said - No, you can't. Stage IV is fatal. I said, stats are stats and you don't need to be a stat, we can fight and we can win. He said - No, no one wins from stage IV.

He is NO longer our doctor.

I am so sorry that you and your husband had to hear this from this guy. I think sometimes they forget - first do no harm. Or they don't recognize the harm they are doing.

Many people on this board have tremendous survival stories and have faced down brain mets and stage IV and are living happily ever after. Read them and relay them to you husband.

Don't give up. Ask for a different oncologist.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Tanner