Bacon, sausage, ham, Hot dogs! =Lung cancer!

Donna G

I heard it on the news this evening. I guess when I did a web search that they cause all kinds on cancer if you eat them regularly. Especially if you cook them crispy. It has got to do with the nitrates in them I think.

Donna G

Ok i think all the worry we do about every thing that is supposedly going to kill us is what is killing us besides God's time table. I'll bet someday there will be a information health type new's that will come out and decide it's all God's fault. Now for a more serious remark, i just read that when you eat processed meat's to eat tomato with it as it is suppose to counter act the bad thing's that can happen from the ingrediant's.This came from a highly speacialized natural treatment doctor that has been on different talk show's...I think his name is Stengler...

And that could explain my dad :shock::)

I believe everything in moderation as I enjoy a hot dog now and again ;) Although when I did Atkins daily for two weeks, I ate a few hotdogs daily, but that was short term.

I don't think we will ever know full answers as some of the healthiest eaters in the world get the disease too.

However, I have wondered about my dad and his love for Diet Coke. I think he has to drink a few each day. His garage looks like a Diet Coke store at times.

When we went to the nutritionist, she told us that it is projected 1 in 3 people will end up with some sort of cancer because of our diets and that it is easily avoidable. After pondering the concept and doing a bit of reading, I see how our fast paced society could be assisting us in a cancer diagnosis because we are just not getting proper nutrition. The key to good health is through our colon, if that helps anyone, and too much meat can inhibit that.

Cheers...Flowergirlie

Would you think that red wine and dark chocolate might cancel out those negatives :wink: ?

Of course I noticed the word 'regularly' in there. Seems like almost ANYTHING we 'overdo' can't be so good. I don't think I can give up my bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches :? !

Kasey

My teeth are rotting just READING this! LOL But what's having no teeth as long as I'm cancer-free?!? LOL

Ok, actually what got me reading this was that my last name is listed in that list of things that will give you cancer (Hint, it's not sausage or hotdog :lol: ) and I wondered what all this was about!

Andrea? My mom was a Dt. Coke junkie too! LOL

I joked not long after her diagnosis that it must have been that she always ate her food "burned" when we put it on the grill...maybe that wasn't so far off afterall!

Grilling meats is also a no-no. The burning grease drippings and the charred surfaces convert into carcinogens.

ME, I'm going to go out and char up a hot dog loaded with bacon, and chase it with a tomato, red wine, dark chocolate and an omega-3 capsule!

Karen

I always think about my grandparent's, and how they ALL lived to be in their 90's!

They were "farmer-type" people, who ate home-grown meat's and veggies. (lotta salt-pork,, eggs, etc.)My uncle used to eat RAW hamburger!! YUCK! You would die for sure if you did that now-a-days.

I have Crohn's Disease, so I try to eat a healthy diet, but still, there are so many preservative's, chemical's and hormone's in our foods now, that it's nearly impossible.

We have our own chickens (for eggs), and a big garden. Guess I need to try and grow everything we eat! (Hmmm, I wonder where I can find "Snicker's seeds" to plant?) :)