Prednisone side effects

Has anyone out there been on prednisone for radiation pneumonitis? My husband has been on a very high dose since August. I know it's supposed to help the inflammation but on the down side it weakens the immune system. He's had pneumonia 4x since July. He went back in the hospital last Wednesday and now his neck has swollen up very bad. He already had the round "moon" face from the steroids. Has anyone else every swelled up like this in the nec? He had a CT scan today but we don't know the results.

Chrissy,

My Dad experienced a lot of swelling while taking Prednisone. Most of it was in his face but his nect was certainly swollen too. We were told it was the best treatment (for him) for his breathing and I know he felt better while he was taking it.

Hope this helps a little.

Kris

My mom is currently taking 40 mg daily of prednisone. It is causing her face to swell. My dad took prednisone in the same amount years ago for a scarring problem in his lungs and it made his neck size go up 2 sizes, so yes it did cause swelling. I hope your dad is feeling better soon!