Getting Much Worse...

Hello All,

Just an update....my Mom completed chemo, and kept most of her hair. The bad news is that the cancer is in her bones, and 70% of her pelvis is gone. They are putting her on methadone now. Radiation is not doing much good. There are 2 Home Health Aides assisting my stepfather with her care. I go back to the Buckeye State on Sat. It is all so heartbreaking.

How can this happen this quickly? In Feb she was walking somewhat, by March a walker, and just a couple of weeks later, bed bound and wheelchair.

She does not want to know her prognosis, and my stepfather and sister and doctors are talking in "code" so to speak, because she does not want to know anything. She is very frightened now too.

I am so so sad. I am scared to lose my mother. Thanks for listening. I feel so alone. (though I am not really, but yet it feels that way) I wish she was not in so much pain.

Beth,

I am so sorry that this is happening to your mom and family. It is terrbile to see your mom lose mobility, independence and freedom.

It sounds good that your SF has 2 aides to help him out and even better that you are able to go be with her so often. I hope you find comfort in that. You are a good daughter.

I'll say a prayer for you.

Thankyou All. You are very nice people.

I am now in Ohio, and my mom is doing very poorly. My sister and I are going to speak to the DR tomorrow regarding meds.

She has so much pain and nothing seems to help. It is very heartbreaking. Sometimes I wish that she would go very soon, because her pain is so great.

She started Alimta, but if she is on that,then Hospice won't be involved. I think that she need medication management.