mary colleen Posted April 18, 2007 Share Posted April 18, 2007 My husband was diagnosed via MRI on Monday with a 2.75 cm. tumor on the occipital lobe of his brain. The plan as of yesterday was that he would have whole body PET and CT scans on Friday, meet with the radiologist on Monday, and meet with the oncologist again on Tuesday to formulate the next steps. There was also mention of meeting with a neurosurgeon, but that referral has not materialized yet. This morning, the radiologist's office called and asked that we come in tomorrow instead of delaying. The nurse said that after reviewing the MRI images in their weekly oncology meeting, it was agreed that he needs to begin radiation ASAP, and that next week is too long to wait. I am not clear on what the specific risk of waiting a few more days would be, but we'll be there. My biggest concern on this is that we will be put in a position tomorrow of being pressed to begin radiation on the spot without time to consider all options. On the other hand, I will have to understand the relative risk of waiting perhaps a week. So - we will go tomorrow and see what happens. Wish us luck! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.