Game Plan for Brain Met

mary colleen

Mary Colleen,

It's great that you have an expert in the family you can trust. And one that will fly to see you -- that's awesome of her!

I'm sorry for what you're going through (the whole package) and just want you to know that you'll continue to be in my thoughts.

Prayers for a successful surgery.

Mary Colleen,

I had a crainiotomy in January this year. I had 2 tumors, 1 cm and 2+cm in my temporal lobe. I drove myself to the doctors office to get the results for my MRI, and they took my car keys. I had to call a freind to come and take me directly to the hospital. I really didn't understand what I was being told, after my MRI things started happening fast and furiously. I wasn't even given time to think of other options, as I was symptomatic (headaches, confusion, generally out of it). I later learned that I was at a high risk for seizure.

After the surgery, I was in considerable pain, but I immediatly felt a fog had been lifted. Also, I was unable write for a couple days and read for a couple weeks without an excruciating headache. Now, 3 months later everything is back to normal. I have even been given permission to work part-time! I still have headaches, though nothing like before surgery, and my onc thinks that my chemo treatments are contributing to them.

I have been given the same gloomy prediction as your husband, but am choosing not to believe them!

Steph

MC,

I have had two brain surgeries, 2/2004 for one met almost 3.5 Cm. Had SRS after for any residual leftover cells. City of Hope, California. Second surgery 2/2006 to remove recurrance in same place (grew back). Had Cyberknife in San Diego Oct 2006... It worked (6 CM) was growing rapidly They killed it with 5 fractionated treatments Woooo Hoooo... Only side effects was Lot's and Lot's of fatigue (finally over that and doing excellent.....

Sending well wishes and prayers...

Stay positive.

please keep us posted...

Karen