Getting to Know You - April 19

Ann

I'm not sure there is such a thing as Love at first site other than you love what your seeing.Any how that is how i would say it happened with my Wife when i first met her. It was only after a couple of dates that we both realized this was it. And yes i believe the longer time you spend getting to know each other the better off your marriage will be.And hey KASEY 44 yr's here and her mom and dad hated me for the longest time and told her i was the kind that would not stay married.....

I don't know about love at first site, but very quickly knew that we would spend the rest of our lives together. Met in September and married the next August. Even the minister who married us didn't think it would last because of the large age difference, but we'll celebrate our 30th this August.

My son had the same experience with our DIL. Met and married in less than one year.

Ooh how fun to get to talk about!!

Mark and I were set up as a blind date. His cousin was friends with my best friend.

We met, dated for a while, fought over things that dating people don't normally fight over...and became engaged not long after. We were married a year and a half after meeting. We'll be married 11 years on July 27th.

Neither of us will say it was love at first sight because we were both VERY different than the people we "normally" dated...but our differences are what keep it interesting!

**Forgot to add...I was 19 when we met and it was HIS mother who said "It'll never last!" LOL**

I love that you Anniversay is on my B-day Kasey. I will never forget it.

I met Joel in 10th grade home room. Both our last names began with an L. So i actually kept my initials when I married :D Absolutely love at first site... Big time... I remember the song. He's so fine... gonna make him mine, that handsome boy over there the one with the wavy hair... :D

It's a very long story. But to shorten it. He was my first love and I was his. We dated through for freshman and sophmore years. Broke up, and when I was 19 went with friends to go clubbing in NY (drinking age was 18 at that time). Went with 5 girls to visit a friend of one of the girls who lived in NY. Well anyway when we went to her apartment, Joel was there!

He was sharing an apartment with 5 people as he was going to acting school. So we started to see each other again, then he was drafted... Kinda split up as it was the hippie era which I got into (so much fun) He came home,(from Germany, thank G-d was not sent to Viet Nam)I was seeing someone else... long story but we fell in love again and the rest is history. We will be married 39 years in June.

So if anyone asks us about our first love. That's simple we married them.

Maryanne :wink:

This is a tough one for me, as Dennis always said he loved me at first sight but it took me a couple of days to feel the same way...lol! My college roommate and I both worked part-time at a Shoney's Restuarant in Knoxville. She was sick, so I was filling a shift for her. Dennis and his best friend were traveling through Knoxville, headed to his parents in Florida. They sat at one of my tables and Dennis drove me crazy ordering cup after cup of coffee. He kept asking me for my phone number and said he would like to get together the next day. I never gave my number to strangers, but I saw someting special in him and figured he's probably never call anyway. well, bright and early the next morning, he called. I answered the phone, half asleep and hung up on him. Thanks goodness he called back and this time I didn't hang up. Four months later, we began out 21 year journey together!!!

I guess I believe in attraction at first sight but not sure about love. John and I met in college. We were both Art majors and I had a jewelry class that was all glass windows off a court yard. He used to watch me in class from an area where he was working on a sculpture. I didn't know who he was, or that he had been watching me until one day he came up and asked me out. I said no (I was seeing someone else), he kept asking. Finally I agreed to go out with him and we've been together pretty much ever since. We married after college and we've been married 27 years- it doesn't seem possible.

Yes I believe in love at first sight can happen. I met my wife Kathy when I was still in High School and she was in College (my family was against it she is older LOLOL) at a job we both worked at. We went out for 5 years before we got married and will be married 32 years this November. We get along great for the most part and see eye to eye on most things. We have been through a lot over that time. She has always stuck by me no matter what. And of course we have a wonderful daughter Tina our pride and joy!