Thinking of you Joanie 55

Maryanne

I have been looking at the posts and have not seen any update on Joanie. I know the last post from her daughter was incredibly hard for any of us here to absorb as she was such a strong part of our family here. The news just crushed our souls.

I keep praying for a miracle for her.

I want her family to know that they are in my thoughts and prayers and Joanie is is held in a special place in my heart.

Maryanne

Joanie's spirits remain positive as they always have been. She is surrounded by a loving family and they continue to make memories together. She had planned to attend the walk that Dana is participating in next weekend, but that will not be, and her granddaughter, Ella, will be one in a few short weeks. She is resting lots, eating some, and holding those she loves up with her indomitable spirit. Dana relays all our messages to her and she is very appreciative. She remains a protrait of dignity and grace.

Kasey

Thank you so much Kasey for posting.

Thank you all for all your positive thoughts. I still plan on walking next sunday and I made up shirts that say team Joanie fights for a cure with her picture on it. I feel lucky I have this time with my mom but at the same time its still feels like a bad dream. I still don't know what to expect and I think I am feeling every emotion possible. My dad is amazing. Everyone should be so lucky to be married to someone like him. It's amazing to me how much one person can take on. I hope you all are doing well. Thank you again for all your thoughtful posts. I will tty to post again soon

Dana

Dear Dana,

Please tell your beautiful Mom I am praying for her daily. I look at the pictures she had posted of your wedding and she is truly a gorgeous person, inside and out. I know these days are difficult, I wish I had some words of inspiration that could make life more bearable, but I don't - just to treasure these moments. Also Dana, I know you say your Dad is incredible.... take care of him okay? We tend to focus so hard on the person who is sick, that we sometimes forget about their caregiver (who puts on a great act that they are handling everything) and sometimes they are falling apart inside. Love, Sharon

Sharon you are so right. I have been staying with my parenst 24/7. I just got married and I am lucky my husband has been such an amazing support. I know my dad truly needs me and I am so happy I can help out. I worry about him too. I don't want him to get sick. I am just going to keep on helping out and doing whatever I can. Still hoping for a miracle.

My mom is very weak and can't swallow. She can no longer eat any foods or even water. Since her body is not digesting it. She is hooked up to an iv. She is really not responding but sometimes she will struggle and say I love you to us. The nurse came today and said the time is near. I really don't know what to write or how to express my feelings right now.. Just wanted to update you all and thank you for everything.