They decided to sell my parents house....

KatieB

Well, it's official- the "siblings" have come together and decided to sell my parents house- the house I grew up in...that house was the center of everything.

I couldn't say no. What would I do with it? One of my brother's had been living there for a while after a broken marraige and other issues, and yesterday he decided he didn't want to live there anymore- thought he'd take his "share" and move out of state to "start over"......

This is a sad day.

Boy I miss my parents so much.

Oh that is so sad. I know the house must hold a lot of special memories for you and it must be tough to let it go. I just can't imagine my parents' house without them in it. :( I'm really sorry.

Oh, Katie, I am so sorry to hear this! I know logic must be telling you certain things, but your heart still wants to hang onto that physical proof of your parents' existence. it can be so hard for some of us to let go of the home...yet others need to NOT have it in their posession.

Cyber hugs to you,

~Karen

oh katie, your posts touches on a subject that I don't even want to think about - I can't imagine selling my Mom and Dads home - and I know some day it will happen, and what a sad day it will be - the end of an era so to speak.

I know it will be so very difficult for you and I want you to remember that the house is just "the shell" the memories are all in your heart where they will stay for eternity. I am just so darn sorry you have to go through this - Much Love, Sharon XX

My step father just sold My Moms House, that they lived in for the last 25 years. I sat in the back alley 2 days ago after one last walk through.

I wish I could tell you it was okay, at that point I would have done anything to keep it.

I am sure the money will serve him and his new wife well, but it is just one more loss on my list of things to mourn.

I am sorry you have to go through this very thing that so many of us are enduring. It HURT HURT HURTS and you are not alone.

Katie, I know this is hard. When my father called me to tell me that they sold my grandparents house a few months after my grandmother passed away, I grived all over again. There were so many memories there and being in that house was like being with them and it felt like othe last huge tie to them had been cut. I'm thinking about you.

Susan

I'm very sorry Katie! It seems like everyone else is always ready to get things over with while some of us would appreciate a little more thoughtful time. I hope you can maybe take some extra photos and recapture your memories. Or maybe it will be nice to see the house light up with new people and perspectives...???

Hugs...Flowergirlie

So sorry, Katie. I'm sure it hurts immensely.

Tomorrow will be one year since my mother's death, and I want to go back to my hometown for a couple weeks this year, but dread it because I won't be able to stay with her. No house involved - she had an apartment. I can stay with any of my 4 sisters, or all of them for a few days, but home was always where Mom was and it hurts.

((((Katie)))))