Hi, new here

Hi, my name is Charlotte. My husband, Jimmy, was just dx'd with pancoast tumor. He thought he had a pulled muscle. The past 3 weeks have been terrible. The news we got today was good & bad. He cant have surgury right now, its to large. But there isnt any node involvement according to the PET scan. Well, I dont know what else to say right now. Still in shock. So I will go for now..

Welcome Charlotte!

I am a pancoast tumor...stage IIIA or B depending on what institution you want to believe. There are more of us too! How about providing some additonal info and perhaps we can help you along this road. IF you want ~ PM me. There is a Personal Message function which works like email. Just click on the PM symbol on my post here.......type all your info, questions, etc. and then hit Submit. I'm happy to respond.

Kasey

Welcome Charlotte & Jimmy,

So sorry you had to find this site, but it will be so helpful with questions you may have. There are so many wonderful survivors and caregivers and others who are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to lung cancer. You're on the right road. Blessings to you both.

Laurie

Hi Charlotte. You guys should join our Pancoast tumor survivor club! I too went to the doctor thinking I needed an Orthopedic opinion! Have you got a game plan yet? I started with chemo and daily radiation to shrink the tumor before surgery and the plan included chemo after surgery again. As you can see this whole thing started 12/3/97 for me and I am still celebrating that I am cancer free today! Keep us posted. My story "Over the Mountain and to the Valley" is in that ribbon if you would like to read the whole thing.

Best wishes and prayers, Donna G

Hi Charlotte,

My pancoast tumor when removed was thirteen pounds. Pretty big.

The surgeon at NIH who does pancoast tumors may well see options your doctor doesn't. I'm out 7 years from diagnosis.

He also did Kasey's surgery, after I told her about him. Her doctors were not optimistic. But they were wrong!

Let either Kasey or myself know if you want contact information for this doctor with National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Md.

Good luck! Glad you found us.

XOXOX

MaryAnn