Heavy Sigh

Tanner, just a thought. Is Karen taking any kind of anti depressant? Maurice was spending most days in bed & the onc put him on one. I'm not sure it's started to work yet but they say they take a few weeks to take effect. Keep us posted on the test result. Good Luck & God Bless

wendyr

OK - had a bunch of scans today and - she has "a bunch of blood clots" in her lungs. She has been admitted to the hospital. So now I know that the symptoms of blood clots are shortness of breath and general feeling of unwellness and sleepiness. Sound familiar to anyone concerning oh I don't know lung cancer!

But I guess it is always good news bad news - and since we have already recieved the bad news, maybe the doc will have good news for us tomorrow.

More later.

Tanner

Tanner, my mom had 3 blood clots in her lungs last September/October and that's exactly what she experienced - extreme weakness, unwellness, very fast breathing (oh, and the first hospital missed it and released her telling me that was "normal" - I said, No, I don't think so and drove her straight to a comprehensive cancer center).

Aside from a Heparin (?) drip, a filter was put into her right leg to stop any new clots from moving into her lungs (because the blood thinners weren't breaking them up). She was much better afterwards and she's now on Coumadin every day (we play chemistry after the results of the blood tests I take her to every Saturday morning to figure out how to adjust the meds so her blood isn't too thin or thick). But it's worked.

I think your wife will be absolutely fine once they get this under control - truly.

Well, it seems like this time we will not be playing good news / bad news - it will just be bad news / bad news. The Tarceva + Avastin/placebo did not work. In fact, there are more mets to the bones and significant progression of disease in her lungs. We are gonna go for a 3rd line of treatment. But we got that talk from the doc. You know, the one where we are told that anything can happen now and we need to have advance directives in place pretty soon if we don't have them already and that we need to really think about whether or not we are gonna call 9-1-1 if something happens because you know they are obligated to use any means necessary etc.

If my littlest wasn't home right now I would be yelling the F word as long and loud as possible. But I must be content to mutter it as I run the disposal and go up and down the stairs with the laundry. Ah - F. Cancer is a crock.

Tanner

Did they ever tell you if she was getting Avastin or the placebo? I'm sorry about the progression and the talk from the oncologist. Hope they get right on 3rd line treatment and it works. You guys are due for something good to happen.

Tanner, your post brought tears to my eyes and I'm so very, very sorry reading it. I'm sending prayers the 3rd line treatment will work and you start getting some much needed good news/good news. Cancer sucks.

God Bless

wendyr

I just wanted to say I am truly sorry you are going through this...

I can certainly relate to most of what you said about your wife being upset about not doing what she used to... my husband has been like that too and it breaks my heart....

I want our life back too! It wasnt perfect but it sure as H beats this any day!!!

I am so sorry for your bad news; my thoughts are with you and your family

I am so hoping that the 3rd line treatment does the trick and your wife feels better soon.

Karen and Tanner, these are hard times for all the family. Pull close and nurture each other as best you can with lots of hugs and love going through the family. It is hard to depend on a God we cannot see, but we depend on other things we cannot see or understand.God the creator has been with us every second of our journey. We never would have made it this far alone. My prayer is that God will strengthen and encourage you. pammie

Tanner...I wish I could offer you the most comforting sentiments in the world to help you get through this but those words do not exist. What does Karen say? I only ask that because I know my hubby's state of mind changed to acceptance and he came to peace with it and that helped to comfort me. I am sorry you are going through this. I know how painful it is to hear and accept what you have been told and to not be able to do anything to make it better, even for a second. I have a lot to share with you if you want. Please PM me if I can help you get through or for any reason if you want to talk is fine.

Hugs to you and family...Flowergirlie