Hey Yall

Hi!

I just wanted to introduce myself to you all. I have been lurking and absorbing info here for a few months and I also wanted to thank you for the wealth of info that is here.

As it says below, my Mom was diagnosed 2/2/07. She finished four rounds of chemo--carboplatin and etoposide and 24 very high dose radiation treatments. We went back today for what we thought was round 5 of the same chemo but he wants to change her to cisplatin depending on her creatine clearance. She is scheduled for a lumbar MRI because he saw suspicious spots on her spine on the CT last Monday. After that some PCI which by the way I learned about right here and asked him about. (no one had mentioned it to us or even why she had a brain MRI--we thought it was due to the droopy eye.)

Anyway...thanks again.

I wanted to welcome you here. My mom was also dx'd in February with sclc. Mom is doing chemo (Cisplatin and VP-16) along with 30 radiation treatments to her lung which she has completed. It sounds like we have alot in common. I am so glad you have come here. I to, have found so much helpful info here. My thoughts are with you!!!

Dana

BlueEye,

Welcome to the boards! You and I are in much the same boat, as I am the daughter of an amazing man diagnosed with SCLC in 2006. We are doing fabulous at my house, and I hope so much that you too will get this far!

The option of PCI, from what I understand, is always a good thing, as that is usually offered for those who have the possibility of a cure. Yeah!!!!

Blessings to you...keep us in the loop!

Jen

Thanks for the welcome guys! Her creatine clearance was good so we are a go on the Cisplatin but it had to wait until tomorrow due to time...he wants to hydrate her and that takes a while. Sooooooooo never mind that I was off work today and could take her back and forth without any problems. I'll just have to leave and go back from work. Luckily she lives close to the clinic and I work across the street.

I'm trying not to freak out about the spine spots. And I'm confused as to why he's changing to Cisplatin. We think he said that was what he wanted to do from the beginning but she was in too bad shape. Forgot to mention that she is off of the oxygen and walking everyday! Now if we could just get some weight on her.

My dad loved watermelon when he was having treatments...my dad lost a ton of weight, but he had a decent amount to lose before it becamse unhealthy.

He did have Ensure's often, and loved watermelon. Quite frankly anything he hungered for, we went and got right away. He was a great juice drinker too, so that helped.

Stay strong!

Jen