Today is my anniversary

ginnyde

29 years ago today, Earl and I got married. My whole family was at the house bustling around getting ready for the happy occasion.

I don't know why, but I am having a very tough time. I miss him. I miss both of my sisters who were there that day.

I am angry that Earl died so young and is not going to enjoy retirement.

Friends are taking me to dinner at the restaurant that Earl and I went to every Friday night, we called if we weren't coming. I am blessed to have wonderful children and amazing friends.

It is 32 months without Earl. The grieving is not as apparent, not as much of an open wound. But I think it has gone deeper, not sure if that makes sense.

I know my friends here understand today and I am always thankful for you.

(((((((Ginny))))))))

I will make a toast tonight to a couple that were so much in love and had such a wonderful life together. I know how your heart will be breaking today and how your mind will drift back to happier days. Try and remember only happy times!!!

Happy Anniversary Gin and Earl!!! Fred and I will toast you this evening with our glasses of merlot. And of course, you are having a bit of a rough time today. I know you are just about ALWAYS a happy person...............from personal experience and from your answer to Ann's QOD........but sometimes ~ just sometimes ~ the heartache just gotta come through ~ and I believe that is a good thing.

You go and enjoy that dinner with your friends ~ they are lucky to have you! And you can bet that I'll be drinking with you right here :wink: in celebration of a special love between two very special people!

And BTW...........some time ago I finally got your Relay for Life site to work for me. Just wanted you to know I hadn't forgotten. For some reason it took several attempts, but I finally won!

I hope you will find reason to smile today, Ginny, you so deserve it!

Love and (((()))),

Kasey (Fred wants in on this too :lol: )

Makes a ton of sense actually..an interesting way to put it which makes a lot of sense.

Well, I hope the day brings you comfort via your friends and that you can fondly remember all the good times.

Still, not the way you'd prefer. I know.

What a wonderful idea to go to the restaurant where you and Earl shared such happy memories. I'll toast a glass of wine for both of you tonight. Thinking of you, Ginnie....

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

I am right behind you being without my John for 31 months now. He passed away on 9-30-04. I still grieve so much yet. I don't really know if it is apparent to others. I am surely not the same person. Our anniversary is coming up on the 17th and it would have been 27 years. Oh, how I miss him. I am grateful I have our children. And it is my job to see them grow up and be independent. And I love taking care of them. I see some of John in each of them. His outright laughter in our oldest, his wit in our second and his looks in our daughter. I hope you can find some peace. Some days I feel he is right beside me yet. He certainly is here in my soul and heart and mind. I still try to keep extremely busy. He is just missing so much. Take care. And take one day at a time and enjoy each day as it comes. I do really try to do that because as we well know, we don't know what tomorrow will bring. Carolyn

Ginny,

You are so brave to go to places which hold so many memories of you and Earl.

I just don't think I could bare to go the restaurant that Dave and I frequented, It would just be too sad.

I understand just how you feel. I am keeping myself very busy too and trying to smile more but that ache , never goes away.

Hope you had a happy evening . God Bless, Paddy