here we go again....

crystleshoe

well today in work I get a call from my sister. She tells me that my dad is in the hospital but not to panic. He has had this nagging cough that just seems to be getting worse. He has had it for a while, even before my mom got sick. So he took himself to the hospital (he didnt want to bother us girls) and they admitted him. I guess they did x-rays and they said that was clear. They are doing more tests and stuff tomorrow so i guess I just have to wait and see what that brings. Of course my first thought is lung cancer again. I dont think I can go thru it all over again. I am hoping that it is just bronchitis or something like that. I hate the waiting. I was gonna go down there tomorrow (hes about 30 minutes away) but he told me not to because he is not planning on staying in the hospital. Ill call him in the am and hope we know something more. Keep us in your prayers tonight.

Don't let your mind get away from you! I am sure this will all work out fine! My mom had a nagging cough that has gotten worse since my dad's diagnosis. Of course we have forced her to have testing, and they keep telling her nothing is wrong! So...allergies and stress is what we chalk it up until now.

I will keep you in my prayers!

Jen

I sure hope everything is OK. A friend is having a similar issue with her dad...she lost her Mom in November of 06. But right now she is hoping for the best...but I know from her how hard these scares are after going through what we've all gone through.

thanks so much for your prayers. As of now the MD says it pneumonia which they determined with some kind of breathing test. Still waiting on Ct scan results. I guess my question is .... is it possible for lung cancer to not show up in an x-ray or am I just making myself crazy? And if it is determined that it is just pneumonia should I insist on a second opinion? I cant even believe that I am having to think of this again. I will keep you all posted.

(((Cheryl))) I am sorry you are dealing with too much! It is true that an xray may not pick up everything, so I would definitely see what the CT shows, just to make sure. My hubby only had an xray the first time and it showed pneumonia and it wasn't until he had the CT that they diagnosed him with cancer, unfortunately.

I am sending positive thoughts to you and your dad. I do hope that it is not cancer and it very likely could be pneumonia, which is lousy to have too. I just hope your dad feels better straightaway. Let me know if I can help you some way.

(((Hugs)))

Flowergirlie

went to see dad last night and he looks good. It was very scary to see him in the hospital. he is of course in the same one my mom was in so I was a little freaked out. As of now he will be in for the weekend and the ct scan shows only pneumonia. I had to go by their house on the way to see dad and it was the first time I had been there since Mom passed away. I was shocked when I walked in because everything is just as she left it. Her books still on the table open to the same page, her laundry still in a basket and all the stuff from the hospital left exactly where we put it down. It was so hard. I guess it may be time to talk about doing some cleaning up for Dad, just dont know if I can. Dad said that he might take the next week or so off work and come stay here with me to rest and recoup which will be good so I wont worry so much. Thank you all for the positive thoughts and Ill keep ya posted.