More Flowers

Kasey

Many of you know my story.........or at least the part where, in the fall of '04, I was told I wouldn't see flowers in the spring of '05. Well, not only did I see them ~ I planted them and then I even got to pick them. Did the same last year too.

Just had to share that today I planted the first flowers of THIS spring ~ '07! Hope springs eternal and there ARE, indeed, miracles. These flowers are proof of it!

Kasey

What a great story!!! I planted all my mom's flowers last year ... she was sick and had just been diagnosed. I wanted to make sure what might be her last summer had everything she'd enjoy.

This year, she feels better than last ... she can plant her own!!!!

Hope you both have many more summers!!!

Kasey,

I remember that part about the flowers, and good for you that it's 2007 and you are still out there planting flowers to enjoy all summer!

May you keep planting beautiful things for many, many more years!

Cindy

Kasey, what a gorgeous post, spring , new life and continued life! Even here in Minnesota we are enjoying flowers. My tulips are blooming, the lilacs, the dogwood trees, the crab apple trees and it is wonderful.

So happy you can share your joy with us.

Donna G

Kasey,

Last fall I planted a Mountain Laurel, which is tree that flowers around June. The flower is the state flower of Pennsylvania, where my husband is from. I'm gonna re-name that tree "Kasey from PA"!!! Keep those garden gloves handy...You're going to need them for many years to come!!! Ellie

Kasey,

Congratulations and keep on planting your flowers.

In my case there's a saying about old people who plant trees knowing they'll never be able to enjoy the shade. I can't remember the words but I think about that every time I plant another tree. If I wasn't going to stop because I was 63 why would I stop now?

I believe that the simple act of planting anything is a reflection of faith.

Keep the faith.

John